- CDS-APARD conducted research study and published a book – “Nutritional and Health Status of Adolescent Girls in Rural Areas”.
- CDS-APARD conducted the following research studies and preparation of reports is in progress.
- Green revolution vs Crop holiday.
- Harassment against women at work place.
- Comparative study of a village now and a decade ago.
- Gender and MGNREGS.
- Assessment of nutritional status of PLHIV on ART.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh vide G.O. Rt. No. 2559 Dt. 10-6-2013 of G.A.D. sanctioned an amount of Rs. 6,09,295.00 to CDS-APARD to study Socio-economic status of the families of the victims of the extremist violence and extremists surrendered to the Government. Study is completed and report is being prepared.
- CDS-APARD is conducting the following research studies.
- Community participation in conservation of Biodiversity of various ecosystems in Andhra Pradesh.
- Socio-economic conditions and cultural practices of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups in Andhra Pradesh.
- Programme Evaluation Organization of Planning Commission empanelled CDS for conducting evaluation studies.
- CDS-APARD conducted an evaluation study of implementation of flagship programmes in Bakaram village of Moinabad mandal of Ranga Reddy district and submitted report to the Planning Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Internship of the students:
- 2 students of Rural Management from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and 20 MSW students of Telangana University have done their internship in CDS.
- CDS-APARD organized State Training & Resource Centre (of NACO) in Andhra Pradesh from June,2010 to September,2013. STRC conducted training to 2035 functionaries of NGOs in the prevention of HIV/AIDS from 1-4-2013 to 30-9-2013.
- Training programme for Capacity Building of Bharat Nirman Volunteers (SC & ST) to achieve suitable career was conducted for 254 participants in 8 batches at Extension Training Centers.
- CDS-APARD in collaboration with United Forum for RTI Campaign has been conducting training Programmes on RTI for representatives of civil society organizations for 2 days at District level. 117 participants have been trained so far.
Human Resource Management of Contract positions of APARD:
- CDS performs Human Resource Management of contract positions in APARD including Recruitment, Renewal of contract appointments, Sanction of remuneration & allowances, Collection of performance appraisal reports and issuing orders relieving the contract employees. There are 25 Trainers, 44 supporting staff and 45 subordinate staff working on contract basis in APARD.
Recruitment made for contract positions in other agencies:
- Recruited 645 Engineering Consultants under MGNREGS in Rural Development Department.
- Recruited a Jobs District Manager and 7 Assistants (Placements) for RYK in TRICOR of Tribal Welfare. Recruitment was taken up for a State Project Manager and 4 Assistants (Placements) in the same programme.
- Recruitment was taken up for a State Project Manager and 2 Executives in Employment & Training Department.
- Recruited 5 Urban Biodiversity Managers in GHMC.
- Recruitment is under process for 14 Executive Assistants, 3 Managers (Legal) and 14 professionals (RYK) in GHMC.